• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can a MS65 RB Indian be ugly? New pics 02/06/09

15 posts in this topic

Well,

I got caught up in another auction tonight. Got this MS 65 RB Indian cent for $127.50. Hope it's a bad picture.It looks like it needs a new slab anyway.

New photos down below.

73473.jpg.effc8bad91045b9061d4ef498f473130.jpg

73474.jpg.9d9151f3cf77051afc26013dcb74f1f1.jpg

I've seen lots of ugly 65's -- but I wonder if this coin, in particular, didn't look better when slabbed, and if the scratches in the holder are making it look worse than it is.

Do you have better/larger shots?

from my own experiences

oh my.................................

tons of ms 65 rb red and so on even ms 66 indians can look like

especially so in ngc holders

Better pictures coming soon.The only other pictures are blowups of these.They don't look any different.I think the look is partially the badly scratched and scuffed holder.That's why I bid on it.Won't be the first time I was wrong. A new holder is most likely in the future for this one.That said,the reverse looks really nice. Anyway,it'll be a down payment for a 65 RED.

was that slab a dog chew toy? i havnt seen such a beat up slab :P

Ain't it purty. It's probably worse than the pictures,since most sellers try to get the best picture they can.

Another question. I'm probably going to get it re slabbed by NGC. Which slab would be better? The normal $5 slab or the new $10 scratch resistant edge view. Those are my only choices right?

Can an MS-65 RB be ugly? You'd better believe it! For that matter, an MS-67 RD can be ugly.

You're right about an RB but I've never seen a 67 Red I didn't like. I most likely haven't seen as many as you. Unless it's just the design you don't like.Not you specifically James.

Can an MS-65 RB be ugly? You'd better believe it! For that matter, an MS-67 RD can be ugly.

You're right about an RB but I've never seen a 67 Red I didn't like. I most likely haven't seen as many as you. Unless it's just the design you don't like.Not you specifically James.

There are too many spotty red, or "fake" red Indians in very high grade holders, and I tend to find them ugly. Granted, some of them may not have been ugly when originally holdered ;) ...

There are too many spotty red, or "fake" red Indians in very high grade holders, and I tend to find them ugly. Granted, some of them may not have been ugly when originally holdered ;) ...

TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE

UNFORTUNATELY REALLY TRUE WITH PCGS AND RED EARLY LINCOLNS

the current doktors can turn lincolns red so they they even fool the services but 6 months to a year later sometimes sooner or later it becomes all clear as they do start to change

IT HAS GOTTEN SO BAD THAT there is a premium for red lincolns in older 10+ years holders that still look original red and more than likely are original red that have not changed so it is almost safe to assume they are untouched by recent human hands

IT HAS GOTTEN SO BAD THAT there is a premium for red lincolns in older 10+ years holders that still look original red and more than likely are original red that have not changed so it is almost safe to assume they are untouched by recent human hands

You mean like this one? :cloud9:

IMG_0680.jpg

Just came in the mail. And wow.There really is a nice coin in that beat up holder. The pics make it look pebbly or textured,but by eye it's smooth and the color is fantastic. The slab makes it difficult to get an accurate picture but these are okay. As you can see,the slab in the picture should be white,not pale blue.Must be my camera.

08ihc1.jpg

08ihc2.jpg