• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another double date coin found in job lot

5 posts in this topic

The large lot of coins i purchased last week is still throwing up some surprises :applause:

this time its a very nice DD what do you think .. wish it was a USA one though !!

SPanama1907o.jpg

SPanama1907dd.jpg

Hi Conder101

Yes its an interesting spread also have you seen the lettering on the left hand side .. there is some movement there also ..

That is definitely a nice DDO you found there. The doubling on the left side indicates that it is a DDO and not an RPD. Very neat find! Email Ken Potter and see if he has catalogued this one, if not you will get discovery credit!

also have you seen the lettering on the left hand side .. there is some movement there also ..

Yes I mentioned it in my first post. I'm not sure if it is the result of a doubled die or Machine Doubling. It looks like there may be separation/notching on the lower right serif of the E. If so then it is a doubled die.

Physics, even if it is a doubled die it is still a RPD. Notice that the direction of the doubling on the date is not the same as the direction of the doubling on the lettering. The lettering appears to almost be a clockwise rotational shifting while the date shift is in an offset or north-south direction.