• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the customer always right?

34 posts in this topic

Thanks for the kind words and reasoned response, SEC.

I do shows from both sides of the table and the qualities that I look for in an individual are largely the same, regardless of the side I am on. These include finding someone who is knowledgeable, willing to share their knowledge, is patient, has integrity, generally treats folks with respect and, of course, someone who shares the same numismatic niche interests that I have.

Each person should determine what it is they value and who best fills that value need. Those are the people you will want to do business with.

Don't the show promoters put some kind of clause penalizing early closings?

A monthly comic show used to charge ten dollars more for yur next table if you closed early.When dealers started figuring the ten bucks into the cost of the show, the

promoter refused to book tables until the official closing time. If you left early,someone else got your spot and or table.

Aside from the ANA penalizing dealers who leave early, I have never heard of anyone having a clause against an early closing time for a dealer.

Working for a large chemical company, whenever we went to trade shows we were required to keep the booth up until the scheduled close time. You didn't neccessarily have to man the booth but it could not be broken down until after the official close. Since the booth was still up it only made sense to have someone there. Whether we had enough literature, samples and materials was a different story.