• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANACS slabs

17 posts in this topic

How many different slabs has ANACS used over the years and when was this one produced? Anyone know? I just won this one tonight and I'm thinking it's one of thier older slabs. Geez,I went a little nuts this week with the coins.

71647.jpg.6317dc531401c64c628543a8061bdab8.jpg

71648.jpg.645731be74dcf593e09acbf61cf55dd8.jpg

Geez,I went a little nuts this week with the coins.

Define ~nuts~ to a coin collector?

No such thing in their vocabulary...here it from their spouse on occasion, but never from the collectors actual lips.

Oh...btw I have no idea about your question.

These look stackable, buy more to see if they do. :grin:

Was that prudent, Prudden? :grin:

I had a coin in an identical slab that I bought 5 years ago so I think that it is at least that old.

p.s. The dark toning spots (spittle?) bug me because I'm sure that they've eaten into the coin's surface. :sorry: I've had bad experiences with such toning. Don't crack that coin!

Defining nuts.Can't, but I can explain. Hmm. well, I had to spend my coin budget on car repairs this month,but did that stop me?Nooo. I spent twice what I would/should have. Time to sell some dupes.

EZ_E:

I hope you are wrong. But I can't tell how dark they are. I will post back when recieved. Possibly NCS could help if they aren't corrosion.

Was that prudent, Prudden? :grin:

I had a coin in an identical slab that I bought 5 years ago so I think that it is at least that old.

p.s. The dark toning spots (spittle?) bug me because I'm sure that they've eaten into the coin's surface. :sorry: I've had bad experiences with such toning. Don't crack that coin!

That is too bad to see, i'd wager that the corrosion has eaten into the coin's surface also. I hope you took that into consideration when it came to price?

Nuts? I would define nuts as completely decimating the coin budget. I've had a few months where I did that - last October being one of them. This month looks like it might be the same, having bought a 54S 65FBL, and I'm angling for a 57 65*W FBL.

Anyone know?

Believe it or not, yes. (What were you people talking about being nuts?)

How many different slabs has ANACS used over the years

At least 14 different slab varieties and 10 certificate varieties (Plus at least 5 transfer certificate varieties for a total of 29 different varieties)

and when was this one produced?

That is either an ANACS 14 or 14.1 depending on the size of the slab (There is about a 1 mm difference in height and width. They were working out the last of the small small holders) and they were produced between 1997 and April 2000 when they switched to the 19 character barcode.

Conder101 to the rescue. I had a feeling you knew this info.Thanks

:applause: I love that, guy, too! He's always a fountain knowledge. I bought a PO1 Chain cent and he fortuitously identified it as the AMERI. variety which not only adds $1000 to the value of the coin but heaps tons of history on as well. It was in a PCI slab but PCGS recently graded it. Now, it's part of my type set .

:banana:

Got it today.About the spots. The one between Epluribus and Unum is on the dot and the one on the star are a dark blue/purple and barely sitting on top if that makes sense. The two smaller dots, one on the M in unum and the other on the back of the cap are more black than purple. On the reverse is toning and it looks like a small grease mark.They look alot worse in a scan than they do in my hand. I don't see a problem. I'll see if I can get some decent pictures.

OK, Conder101...

How the HELL did you determine that the chain cent from EZ-E was the AMERI variety?? Is there some difference in the chain because that's all I can see...

RI AL

On his coin you can see the I in UNITED. Draw a straight line down through the center of the I. That line passes right through the joining of two links of the chain. There are only two reverse dies used on the chain cents. On the Ameri that line passes through that joint, on S-2, 3, and 4 it passes through the right hand link

On his coin you can see the I in UNITED. Draw a straight line down through the center of the I. That line passes right through the joining of two links of the chain. There are only two reverse dies used on the chain cents. On the Ameri that line passes through that joint, on S-2, 3, and 4 it passes through the right hand link

This is why I like Conder's answers .....his descriptions and references are easy to understand and not written in a way that makes the reader feel small and ignorant .You can really learn a lot from his knowledge base and he translates well over a board posting....not to mention , he has a vast knowledge of the kewl stuff .

(thumbs u

Now.....if we can get him to figure out how and what 'nuts' fits into coin collecting...and explain it....then .....wait....how can 'nuts' be connected with coins again? (shrug)