• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about this for Christmas?

7 posts in this topic

It would be great if that was a USB which, when plugged into your computer, enabled you to read a foreign language. Many times I have come across medals that were listed in French, Spanish or German, and I haven't had a clue to what was said.

There's an idea for someone. Is there anyone out there who is a multilingual/engineer/inventor program developer?

Chris

My biggest complaint with USB flash drives is that everyone wants to put them in big bulky cases. That one is a disaster. On my laptop the USB port is RIGHT next to the AC power adapter plug in so I could not plug that drive in and also plug in the laptop. What good is a flash drive when I can't turn on the computer? (My luck with batteries has been that they only last a few weeks before they die completely, and at $100 per battery, I just use the AC adapter.)

I do have a USB hub that I can use to get away for the power jack, but that drive would still use one port and block the use of the ports on either side of it. So one drive uses three ports! Sorry that drive is dead and I wouldn't buy it for $2.

(I just bought a 4 Gig drive for $7 that is hardly any wider than the plug in connector. No problem with the AC jack.)