• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone buy from Superior Galleries?

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone :hi:

Has anyone bid on coins in Superior Galleries?

How do you rate there overall service?

I have my eye on a certain coin but I am very disappointed by lack of quality in there pictures!!

I think I could take a better picture with $100 camera!! ;)

Thanks,

Schatzy

If you're talking about an auction (where there is generally not a return privilege) unless you or a trusted representative has seen the coin in person, I'd avoid it. And I'd say the same about any other auction company, as well. It's not worth the hassle and risk to try to beat large odds and buy an auction coin on a sight-unseen basis.

I have bought coins from them two or three times with no problems. Two were graded and one was raw. Fortunately on the raw coin, I was able to get the PVC removed with NCS.

I agree that buying in person is better but that will only be an option for those who have the luxury of finding what they collect from a readily available source. That is not the reality for what I collect.

I buy almost everything sight unseen or from pictures. Usually it has worked out but on a few occassions, it has not. And this applies to both dealers and from auctions.

If the coin you are interested in buying is available elsewhere on any regular basis and especially if it is not graded by NGC or PCGS, I would pass on it.

Hoot had mentioned that he was extremely dissatisfied with the way he was treated by Superior when he auctioned his nickel set with them. You may wish to contact Hoot about Superior and their business practices.

I will not do any more business with them because their prices are high, they don't take returns on auctioned coins and their shipping charges are non-negotiable, expensive overnight shipping only. They take three weeks to ship a coin and the customer has to pay overnight shipping, get real!