• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

proof lincolns....cameo/dcameo? frosty frosty

5 posts in this topic

I’m not a late copper collector, but I do know that DCAM cents did not frequently appear until 1969 and then into the 70’s, but that there were cameos cents coming out of San Francisco’s first proof sets, so to me they’d only get a cameo designation, but I have to tell you, the spotting on those two preclude any type of grade. They are really messed up ant. I do not believe NCS can save them…but again, this is just an opinion

I'll agree with WJ. The frost has to appear almost white in nature, I think these only come to cameo. As far as grades, for sure not 69, they'd probably push 67, the second would be lucky to grade at all. The first has the carbon spot on the reverse on he stairs that's a concern, then the other... well that one has problems all around. Keep trying Ant, don't give up!

As far as cam goes, the first has a DC obv, Cam rev, the second I would call a Cam obv, and non cam rev.