• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a few pennies for review..

10 posts in this topic

im going though the rest of my wheaties and found these. they look prety good to me. but i thought i would ask yall. are these ms66+?

forumcoins006-1.jpg

forumcoins005-3.jpg

forumcoins004-3.jpg

forumcoins003-5.jpg

also looks a lil like verd on rev by wheat. am i correct on that?

forumcoins001-6.jpg

forumcoins002-6.jpg

forumcoins007-2.jpg

forumcoins008-3.jpg

The spot on the bottom of the reverse takes it out of the "MS-66+ category." In fact I see a slight rub and I'm sure about the color from what I see in the photo. I don't think this coin (it seems like you have the same coin up loaded twice) is worh the price of getting it certified.

The tiny scratch on Lincoln's chin and the mark through "N" in "ONE" on the reverse would take the 1941-D out of the MS-66 category. I like that coin better than the 1949.

The reason that these high grade Licolns sell for so much is that very few of them get certifed in those grades. The question is how many collectors think that they are worth the price? Even if they are rare, I would not be a buyer because the coins just don't interest me at that price level.

what would those marks bring the grade to? 63-64? what about the fields are they nice enough? im trying to make sure i dont send 10$ coins in for grading.

The 1949-S reverse spot does not take on the characteristic green color of verdigris, but it still appears as an active raised spot of corrosion and just nullifies the condition on the rest of the coin. To bad.

what would those marks bring the grade to? 63-64? what about the fields are they nice enough? im trying to make sure i dont send 10$ coins in for grading.

I think you are looking at $10 or less value coins here. But then again I've been astounded at what people pay for some of these Lincolns with red on them. Still I don't see any home runs here, especially in the case of the 1949 dated coin that has that spot.

Assuming that the color on both coins is original, I'd grade the 1949 MS-62, Red and the 1941 MS-64, Red.