• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1956 Frankie

10 posts in this topic

I bought this coin long, long ago. If I recall correctly, it was my first purchase at a major coin show, my freshman year of college. I was very young and wet behind the ears, and hadn't really decided to collect Franklins yet. It was actually this coin that really started me collecting the things seriously. I've always meant to submit it to NGC, I'll reveal what I think it should grade later. So, take a look and take a shot!

67821.jpg.f804fbc9a54e46e6a9042b675b7f8fb5.jpg

67822.jpg.2ab408d2373a3c3cc963675027722ac0.jpg

Ben does have a nice defined nose bridge and there are no distracting dings, now, to bell line or not to bell line, that is the question. I think NCG will pass on this one, as the top line in the top set, well, just sort of fades out. Might be the image…your in better shape to tell than we are.

The reverse is a bit crisper than the obverse so that is positive…looks to me like it should make a MS-65, with a lock on MS-64.

Good luck.

I am pretty sure it'll get 65, but the bell lines are what I'm not so sure of. It would only be worth submitting, in my opinion, if it got 65FBL. Of course, being my coin, I'm a little biased and say its FBL. It is somewhat weak, but that is typical for this date. I took some new pictures, and they are better, but still don't show the bell lines very well. In hand they look much better. The first set of pictures are among the very first pics I took with this camera when I got it at the beginning of the year, these I just took 30 seconds ago. Improving?

67849.jpg.e56aeb5d445bb6b26dd66034ccf27b51.jpg

67850.jpg.fa2b94eaa5329899fccc646d08710b74.jpg