• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help locating the 3rd of 3 NGC MS65 1837 Small 5c Capped Bust Half Dimes

36 posts in this topic

Mark,

touche, I should have said I have followed the coins 100 year history, but I wouldn't mind being able to say my original statement someday into the future if you know what I mean.

Mike,

I respectively have to permanently disagree with you with the high degree of motivation to get the small 5c into an attributed holder, if it isn't done then it could sell for a lot less, if it is done it is ASSURED to sell for a lot more, nobody wants to leave money on the table, and small 5c's are missed all the time, not by me and cbhd enthusiasts but by more moderate collectors, that is just the way it is. The Redbook only added the fuel to the raging fire. Another reason I don't believe any more small 5c's are included in unattributed ms65's in because collectors are out looking for them all the time due to the increase in value, and when they are found , then crack, reholdered, and caching. I stand by my statement the only ms65 small 5c's will be upgraded from ms64's .

But i am certain that no matter what I say I won't win you over, so we just must agree to disagree. on this one.

Ok, since no one is speaking up about the missing 1837 LM-4 small 5c ms65 ngc I will be forced to start raising the prices of these since they must be more rare than previously thought. Effective January 1, 2009 the prices is going higher!

This has been a numismatic service announcement from the CPMC (coin price management cartel). Heck PCGS isn't the only price increaser in town.

Ok, since no one is speaking up about the missing 1837 LM-4 small 5c ms65 ngc I will be forced to start raising the prices of these since they must be more rare than previously thought. Effective January 1, 2009 the prices is going higher!

This has been a numismatic service announcement from the CPMC (coin price management cartel). Heck PCGS isn't the only price increaser in town.

Alan, in the event that you want the one I shipped to you, change that "price is going higher" date to Nov. 1, 2008. :D