• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would like to send 1 coin to NGC

11 posts in this topic

and I am not a member in order to ship. Plus, sending in a single coin isn't that efficient.

Anyone sending in soon and willing to have a tagalong?

It's a toned franklin in PCI that, even if it isn't worth it, I would like to see if it goes into a NGC holder (the PCI has a crack in the plastic that I don't like seeing and if I ever decide to sell, it would do better in NGC...PCGS wasn't sure about it :) )

This thread is worthless without pictures. You can't talk about toned Frankie's and not show me a picture!

Sorry, pics were at home and I just got home a bit ago. Here are the pics from the auction I bought it (seller's pics):

1958dtonedpcifranklinobzt1.jpg1958dtonedpcifranklinrept1.jpg

Interesting. Doesn't quite look like mint set toning to me, which is the most common for this date. Looks like it might be an MS-65, but it doesn't look like it quite makes the FBL to me. That is a pretty serious bagmark on his cheek, not sure if that will knock it out of 65 or not. What holder is it in?

14 digit PCI green label.

I agree it doesn't have that 100% mint set look but it doesn't, to me, just jump out and say "questionable toning". The 1958d frankies are some of the most toned.

The contact mark on the cheek is what holds it down. PCI gave it a MS63. I was thinking MS64 but wasn't thinking it was FBL.

I like it enough I would like it in a top holder if possible but don't feel like going back to PCGS and don't have a membership to do NGC myself.

And, I am not going to do like some on the PCGS boards and ask for NGC help there. I will respect the host of the forum I am at.

Here, I won't be posting the PCGS grades.

There, I won't be asking for NGC help.

Neat coin, but the lackluster overall appearance along with the reeding mark and the 'toasty' toning look (I agree with Shane...) would prevent me from taking the time and expense of sending this one to a friend who would then send it to NGC and then send it back to you.

If you're stuck on doing so though I do have a submission going in about two weeks and would toss it in for you, should you choose to continue to want to do so.

PM me.

And, your civility in how you handle each board is top notch and noble. I wish others would recognize and follow that basic protocol.

It may be AT, or not, but it isn't MS60....images crank things up a bit and really bring out the hits. The most noticeable, no matter what, are the 3 contact points in the cheek.

It isn't the grade I would slab it for....I like the look of the coin, don't like the current holder, but don't want it to sit raw either. It's a keeper for awhile for me.

Thanks Rexcat and Rons, for the offer to tag along with you.

If Pat will have it (he is just south of me, on the same coast as I am), I will go along with his submission.

Ron