• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not that I'm addicted......

22 posts in this topic

I've got a WYNTK post in the US coins I wrote yesterday that needs some traffic ;)

Linky poo .. I am lazy after posting 55 coins ...

I've got a WYNTK post in the US coins I wrote yesterday that needs some traffic ;)

Linky poo .. I am lazy after posting 55 coins ...

In a bit of shameless self promotion, I'll post the link. It's just my Franklin post in the US forums. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2685269#Post2685269

MadMarty from ATS was in my neck of the woods last night, and I met him for the first time at a place called the Twisted Conch in Cape Coral to listen to a friend of his perform his solo act. We talked a bit about coins and French medals, but mostly we listened to the music and drank beer.

I took a PMG bank bag with me that contained a half dozen PCGS slabs from a recent submission and two NGC GSA CC VAM/toners. (Wow! Six acronyms in one sentence. Is that permitted?) I didn't say anything about the contents. I just laid it on the table. About an hour later, Marty's curiosity finally got the best of him and he asked what I had in the bag.

The six PCGS slabs were part of a 14-coin submission (8 freebies). Of the 14, four came back BB'ed which I expected, but being my first submission, I was curious to learn how their graders viewed them. The remaining ten all came back with the (numerical) grades that I anticipated, but that wasn't without some disappointment for me. One was cracked out of an ANACS 63DMPL that I thought had a good shot at 64DMPL, but it came back 64PL. (This was the only crack-out. The remaining 13 were raw.) Two others that I thought should have been DMPL came back PL, and a fourth didn't even get a PL. All four of these had mirrors that were 6-8" deep. hm

Being somewhat unfamiliar with PCGS procedures, I wonder if I should submit them for review. Can anyone provide me with some insight from their own experiences?

Chris

What I want to know is....did Marty have the "Rubber Chicken" with him?

Why? I didn't see one, but he was just finishing his dinner when I got there.

Chris

Chris, I think that it would be faaaaar less aggravating to either keep 'em in the slabs where they would CAC :) or crack 'em and resubmit them.

I need to put together a big submission to PCGS this weekend. Not only do I want a dozen modern gold commems graded but I also have quite a few proof classics that I had cracked a couple of three years ago and some circulated 19th century types that I picked up on ebay and need for my type set.

I put my NGC registry type set on hiatus for a few months and have picked up quite a few 1 oz silver rounds and coins but more exciting is my circulated classic commemorative set that I'm putting together. It's kind of fun, especially in the hunt for problem-free, crusty, mid-grade coins.

Hey , Victor

I'm doin the same sorta thing here with a G/Vg walker set . Man , I'ma gonna hafta start hitting silver bags to find any later date circulated Walkers in plain G or VG state . It was fun starting out , but has turned into one heckuva search trying to match up a set ....good luck with the early silver commems , at least your doing it in mid grade ( or better?) . I see more XF/AU in circ at shows than lessor grades.

I'm wondering if more an more have been hitting the melting pots . (shrug)

Sorry Chris , I do not send stuff to PCGS , I either buy in their slab or have someone else send stuff to them for me (along with their subs) . NGC has stated the requirement s for DMPL on several posts here over time. I guess we can't go by that anymore, either ,now . Your going to need a pair of sunglasses and a yard stick ( no don't go outside.. :devil:..a 3-foot long ruler ) to get a DMPL now (shrug)

RI AL still here...

Just been busy shopping for a new Corolla for my wife...and as usual I get the "hand me down" Subaru Forrester...but at least it has heated seats! Bought the Corolla today...there goes my coin budget...again..

How come SHE gets the new car on MY birthday?

RI AL still here...

Just been busy shopping for a new Corolla for my wife...and as usual I get the "hand me down" Subaru Forrester...but at least it has heated seats! Bought the Corolla today...there goes my coin budget...again..

Because she gets the trip to Hawaii on her birthday.

Chris

PS. Happy Birthday just the same!

RI AL still here...

Because, really, do you want to drive a pink car?

Hey , she let you buy it for her , didn't she?

Happy Birthday , missed the cake thingy over your name unless you didn't have that birthdate section filled in on your preference page.

Hope you got a great deal...dealerships here are just about giving cars away. Especially trucks !

:signofftopic:Thanks, guys, for the birthday wishes. 58 years and holding as of today. Coin...where IS the "preference page"?

By the way...Toyota WAS giving cars away...I traded in my 1997 Corolla for a 2009 LE and the final cost was about $14000. My 1997 was just under $13,000 12 years ago with my old trade in. The amazing thing was it was all done same day, sale, insurance modification, registration paperwork, car prep..all we had to do was clean out the 97 Corolla of my stuff and drive the new car off the lot.

Then, if you search Edmonds....there is a promo from Toyota for 0% interest for 3 years and a $500 rebate. The dealer was a bit surprised when we negotiated the final price and then I whipped out the printout from Edmonds.com

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'm getting ready to crank up the new pellet stove for it's virgin run. Hope I don't blow my face off.

RI Al

Ooops , sorry , go to the top of this page and look at the 'click on' button tabs across the top......the first says 'forum list' then the next one says : 'my stuff' ,

click on 'my stuff' and go down the the second choice "my profile" and click that...then scroll down to 'birthday' and fill in that box. Next year when your birthday rolls around , all your posts will have the birthday cake symbol over your screen name .

Also , be sure to click/check the box underneath (birthday) where it says to show the BD on the calendar and profile.

Next year when your birthday rolls around , all your posts will have the birthday cake symbol over your screen name .

Coin

Thanks for the "my profile" directions. It's done...except I sure can't figure out how to load an avitar from photobucket...that may be tomorrow's project.

RI AL