• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like the NEW NGC slab is out!!

9 posts in this topic

That auction was posted by Cameron Kiefer, formerly of ICG. I find it interesting that all but a few of his coins are PCGS and NCG certified. It appears that only errors are certified by ICG. hm

Scott :hi:

That auction was posted by Cameron Kiefer, formerly of ICG. I find it interesting that all but a few of his coins are PCGS and NCG certified. It appears that only errors are certified by ICG. hm

I thought the user name looked familiar. I just couldn't remember who it was :thumbsup:

Well, many here state eBay is a dumping ground, so perhaps his ICG coins are generally just too high in quality to sell using the eBay auction format.

The new holder is a vast improvent. They cleaned up the label, the hologram, and the edge of the slab to make it seal more evenly, and this is the most professional looking slab they have yet developed, in my opinion. However, the new edgeview is a problem, especially on smaller coins. I made a thread about how the prongs obscure parts of the faces of smaller coins.

Personally, I don't like them. I wish you could choose between the edge-view design and the original design. I haven't seen one in hand, so I'm still speculative. I might have to start using pcgs if I don't like them.

I dont like the edgeview either (except for large coins of half dollar and greater size) but it has not been fully rolled out for all coin types yet, and my comments are strictly about the new hologram and shell.