• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCS ---> NGC

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I may have three Silver dollars that need some help.They are Prooflike surfaces and exhibit cloudiness maybe from residue. My question is, if I sent these in for NCS conservation ---> NGC regular grading, would they go to grading if they were not conserved? To put it another way, would I be charged for grading even if the coins were ungradedable after either undergoing conservation or not.

If they won't grade, they won't send them to NGC for grading

IF you chose "NGC grading only" since otherwise they will put in a NCS slab

If you send it to NCS they will bill you for their work based on the value of the coin, pretty sure you are going to pay NCS some money regardless. But you get their opinion and or work for that money, then the possibly NGC slab.. if you want you can have fallback to NCS slab

I am doing this myself. Sending my proof florin to be looked at with a view to having the mirrors and or contrast improved before possibly NGC slabbing, i will tick NCS/NGC slabbing though, so I don't have to mail it twice.

Hope this helps