• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Online Post Offices - ie USPS / Stamps.com / EBay post etc

3 posts in this topic

Just a quick something I learned today for those that use online services.

Bound and Printed matter usually was one of the Items you could choose to mail items throught the mail at reduced cost ie Coin Albums.

This is not longer an option by the USPS so do not use it as things are being inspected and returned.

After shipping out a unfilled coin album ( Large Penny Dansco ) by parcel post @ $6.00 I asked when I dropped it off what the story was ... basically abuse is the reason and now can only can be used for RETURNS and only in which the seller creates the label and sends it to the buyer to return the item to them.

I then told her it was a book ... ( of sorts ) and she "oh you can use media mail for that now " which would have cost me $2.56 :(

Just a post to let you know ...

Good day

The USPS online service no longer allows the "smaller" items for online postage. I found that using the PayPal bulk shipping services will allow me to enter addresses, weight, and service to print and pay for the postage I want. As long as you have a Premiere or Business account with PayPal, you can do this for no extra fees. Others, like stamps.com, charges a service fee.

To find this, log in to your account, click on the Products & Services tab at the top of the page, scroll down and click on "MultiOrder Shipping" to get to the interface. If you have a pop-up blocker, you see an error page. Just find the "click here" link on the page to launch the interface.

It's not an intuitive interface, but workable.

Scott :hi: