• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carson City Album?

13 posts in this topic

Did a google search, looked on ebay, looked at Whitman and Dansco, but could not find a coin album dedicated to Morgan Carsons. I know, it would not be much of an album, so it may not have been produced.

Anybody know where to get one if it has been made?

Thanks.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

There were never any CC-only coin albums or folders, though there was a folder for just the O-Mint Morgan Dollars. This was made by Dansco on behalf of dealer Donald Benge in 1963-4 to capitalize on the release in quantity of formerly scarce New Orleans dollars dated 1898-1904.

The Capitol Plastics holder was indeed in the shape of Nevada, but I don't know whether this item is still included in its product line. I know that they turn up on eBay from time to time, and I see them at shows, albeit usually complete with the coins.

There were never any CC-only coin albums or folders, though there was a folder for just the O-Mint Morgan Dollars. This was made by Dansco on behalf of dealer Donald Benge in 1963-4 to capitalize on the release in quantity of formerly scarce New Orleans dollars dated 1898-1904.

The Capitol Plastics holder was indeed in the shape of Nevada, but I don't know whether this item is still included in its product line. I know that they turn up on eBay from time to time, and I see them at shows, albeit usually complete with the coins.

David,

I've seen the holder in the shape of Nevada, but both of the holders I own are standard rectangular shape.

The Capital Plastics, Nevada shaped, "CC" dollar holder is product number 402 and is still listed in the Capital Plastics catalog. You can buy them directly from Capital Plastics.

The Capital Plastics, Nevada shaped, "CC" dollar holder is product number 402 and is still listed in the Capital Plastics catalog. You can buy them directly from Capital Plastics.

You can find 402 White here with a picture of the holder.

You can find 402 Black here, but there is no picture.

Scott :hi:

If I remember the Capital holder is in the shape of the State of Nevada. The Capital holders are well made with about 1/8 inch plastic, I think? Nevada

That's where my vote lies! Very cool!