• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC made a slab error !!! No it must be me

6 posts in this topic

Hi all .. i have been thinning the collection out of late and I listed this Spanish two reals and double checked it and found that it has two 7 pointed stars denoting it was minted at servile looked at the slab and it had been given the Madrid designation ( 6 pointed stars ) .. i have gleaned this information from Krause .. can anyone tell me if this is correct ?? as it makes quite a difference to the price of the coin.. KM# 607.3 / KM# 607.2

Ps. it also looks like it could be a Overdate as well ..

cheers dooly :devil:

PICT0028.jpg

PICT0048-1.jpg

PICT0047-1.jpg

Congratulations, that's definitely the Seville Mint KM 607.3 Send it back in as a mechanical error and get the right mint listed on the label for the shipping cost. Well they got it wrong, but what do you expect, it's not a Morgan or a state quarter. :)

If you send it back make sure you specifically tell them to look at the stars and that 7 points is the Seville Mint. Otherwise they may not take time to count the points closely and you may get it back as Madrid again.

yes...specify also "NO CHARGE" in bold letters on the top of the invoice (which you still want to include)...I had something similar happen on a 3 coin gold/silver set from the Bahamas....the "CHI" mintmark was on 99% of these sets--meaning they were minted by the Royal Mint...however about 500 were minted in Canada and did not have the mintmark....my holder said "1977chi G$50 Sloop Bahamas PF69UCAM....worth about $300...the no mintmark was worth around $1000 ...they changed it for free and were very good about it, although it cost me to ship them( all 3 coins were wrong) back....