• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My son decided on a series today...

9 posts in this topic

... and the winner is... Buffalo Nickels!!

We went into the B&M shop this AM before heading over to "Route 66" days here in Flagstaff. I was looking at some odds and ends and my son was as well. Unfortunately, most of the stuff he was interested in was fairly high end. We were looking in the roll case when he saw the NGC and PCGS certified Buff Nickels and he just got ecstatic..."wow"..."cool...look at the those Indian head coins!" He was looking at the MS64's [the kid definitely has taste] but I explained to him how much those would cost and suggested he could look over in a different cabinet [the bulk bin] where he could pick out many more for just a fraction of the price. He was totally psyched up over it. He ended up getting a 1929-P, '36S, '35D; and '37D in G4-F12 condition for $5... the look in his eyes while he was picking them out and the smile on my face as we left the store...priceless.

Cheers..

Leo

Buffs are great and I think they are one of the most confusing series to grade on a consistent basis. Make certain you buy the Lange book for your son, Doc.

My daughter like to look....and my oldest is interested if they are toned with hot pink or neon purple...but that's it lol

I am working on the baby as she has a nice stash that she likes to look at so maybe I can keep her interested as she get's older :wishluck: