• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bump on the Silver Eagle, anyone have one..?

2 posts in this topic

I finished looking through all my sets and I have not seen any of the "bumps" that were reported in Coin World on many of the Silver Eagles. It was stated that they were mostley on 2003, but were as far back as 1999. They claim the bump is from die wear. I have never heard of this. They even claim it to exist on proofs as well. I looked all the way from loupe to microscope and I guess I am lucky as I have none. Does anyone have any Silver Eagles with the bump on the left edge of the sun?

Steve

I just got my 2003 proof like two days ago and I checked it for you. The answer.......NOPE. Looks good to me, except the box was like crushed beyond belief, but they got me by the baLLs 893whatthe.gif as I know damn well they don't have any left to exchange with me. Those bastardos. makepoint.gif