• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AUCTION ITEM: 1796 Liberty Cap large-cent, VG-8/G-6 details, net Fair-2

16 posts in this topic

AUCTION ITEM: 1796 Liberty Cap large-cent

VG-8/G-6 details

b179661b.jpg

• bid opens at $.01, estimate $50 - $80
  • coin is not certified - grade is my opinion
  • moderate porosity, VG-8/G-6 details, net Fair-2
  • images are lightened a bit to reveal problem surfaces
  • coin will be shipped in an inert 2x2 mylar flip
  • you may *click* the image to view a high-resolution version

AUCTION TERMS:

• Auction ends one week after date of this listing.
  • You will receive exactly that item actually imaged and described.
  • On the honor system, please do not edit any posts or retract bids!
    Likewise, I promise not to retract this auction item.
  • Payment of check or money-order only, made out to "James Garcia".
  • Free shipping for board members, and no reserve.
  • Ten day return policy for your high bid.
  • Authenticity unconditionally guaranteed.
  • I will almost always start my items at one cent.
  • Also, I unconditionally guarantee no shill bids.
    []
  • To bid, just post a reply to the immediate previous bidder with a message that simply says: "previous bid was $XXX, my bid is $YYY". You must bid higher than the previous poster's bid. Please, just as a general rule, keep increments around 5% or a dollar, whichever is more. We don't want to annoy our esteemed fellow board members by winning by a lousy penny.
    []
  • With variances in different time zones, please note the ending time carefully (one week after the system date/time stamp on this post). Please be kind and bid early. "Sniping" isn't practical in this kind of auction venue.
    []
  • I realize that each time someone bids, this thread will bump to the top. Unfortunately, I do not know of any way around that at this time. My apologies. One way to look at it is that the best items - those that receive the most bids - will often be near the top of this forum. This is an ongoing attempt at establishing some sort of alternate auction venue, and I'm open to any suggestions.
    []
  • NGC and its affiliates and employees are not associated with this auction, nor do they monitor its content. They cannot be held accountable for any situation that arises as a result of this sale.

Thanks for LQQKing!

James, is this a Draped Bust Large Cent? Your pictures seem to indicate something completely different...

OOps, you are correct - it is a LIBERTY CAP large-cent! It would help if I got the type right!

Thanks for pointing that out - correction made.

The Lib Cap is of course a lot tougher than the Draped Bust for '96.