• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossover recommendation

14 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm sending in another small batch to NGC. I've got a few crossovers.They are 3 different companies slabs.Do you all recommend taking them out of the slabs first?I've got two in ACG slabs.One PCI and this one in the picture. Thanks

64884.jpg.c8f15ad3f8e6de6649ab41379131893e.jpg

When did the Immigration and Naturalization Service get involved in numismatics?

Chris

Shuddup you wacko

Break them out ...

When did the Immigration and Naturalization Service get involved in numismatics?

Chris

Apparently in 1988,according to the back of the slab. They are based in D.C too. Must be them.

This is pretty much all I could find out about them. I think they were an investment company.

36. INS (International Numismatic Society Authentication Bureau) 1975 - 1992?

And this:

The Greysheet's biggest weakness is that it ignores the current state of the grading services. It ranks some of the services in terms of how the market values coins in their slabs. But it fails to rank SEGS, ACG, and NTC, three grading services that have a significant market presence. And it ranks two grading service with virtually no market presence, INS (International Numismatic Society Authentication Bureau), which folded around 1992, and NCI (Numismatic Certification Institute), which folded around 1988. Whether deserved or not, this creates an aura of unreliability over all of its data.

How could it possibly create an aura of unreliability when the companies you cited are (were) notorious for overgrading. In my opinion, their "market presence" is based on the old adage professed by P.T. Barnum, "There's a sucker born every minute!"

Chris

There was once a "International Numismatic Society". They slabbed their own stuff, similar to Blanchard in New Orleans.

This is them I think. Here's the flip side.

64892.jpg.fcc95ee51c8e688bf5e4a74eea0946a2.jpg

How could it possibly create an aura of unreliability when the companies you cited are (were) notorious for overgrading. In my opinion, their "market presence" is based on the old adage professed by P.T. Barnum, "There's a sucker born every minute!"

Chris

Chris,

I just quoted from this site. Should have included the URL.Sorry 'bout dat.

http://rg.ancients.info/guide/prices.html

And, another question for anyone who has a greysheet. Is this company(INS) still listed in there?If so, what does it say abot the 81S I posted.Thanks again