• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New "S" Mint Morgan - What Do you think of this one ?

12 posts in this topic

1902-s - I had to wait to find a decent specimen for the collection but this finally came up and am pretty happy with the in hand look as the sellers pictures were not good. The "02"'s are not known for there breast feather striking similar to the New Orleans Mints but this one at least has a little which makes me like it all the more.The obverse has a few carbon/tone spots but are not that distracting but the fields are chatter free.The reverse has a bag mark right above the head which I think was the major distraction/detraction in the grade of this coin - besides that the reverse fields are chatter free. PCGS certified ... what do you think it graded.

64883.jpg.cdd5ec3e26af70928a8327da31924dc1.jpg

I think MS 63 is a bit harsh. It's a nice looking coin with lots of eye appeal. I would have thought a solid 64.

Ri AL

I think MS 63 is a bit harsh. It's a nice looking coin with lots of eye appeal. I would have thought a solid 64.

Ri AL

I think 63 is it's max... you need to remember that even though the reverse won't necessarily raise a grade ...It sure will knock it down...

The breast of that bird locks it to 63..

Ri AL

I think 63 is it's max... you need to remember that even though the reverse won't necessarily raise a grade ...It sure will knock it down...

The breast of that bird locks it to 63..

NGC is very forgiving on those coins known for poor strikes in the breast area ... like the 'o' mints

I agree with PCGS that the coin is a very nice MS-63. The abration under the eye and the mark to the left of the ear prevent it from making MS-64 although we have all seen coins with such marks that were worse than these in MS-64 holders.