• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New pics of a Nice Toned Buffalo....

19 posts in this topic

Some tough glare on those photos Bruce, but also some evidently pretty color on that coin. I tried some adjustments on the obverse shot (attached) to see if I could get the glare to go away, but only had minimal luck.

Hoot

589a8b6619f80_310156-35buff.jpg.6375c0253b895085fbfdb757272cbeba.jpg

Great coin Jeremy! thumbsup2.gif Thanks for the post!

Bruce - I use a simple program called CompuPic. (It's available at www.photodex.com. I use the basic version. I recommend it, as it's cheap and easy to use.) It allows a person to change color saturation and the like, simply to get the coin to look like what it does in person. Unfortunately, that does not always work tongue.gif Scans are especially bad, but depend largely on the scanner itself. Toned coins with a scanner are especially tough.

Hoot

Yes, Bruce, it improved that reverse as well by taking some glare out. You can also trim the edges of the picture so that there's not as much "space" around the coin using the Crop function. One note: if you save your pictures as jpg's at the highest (100%) quality, then your pictures will grow in kilobytes in a big hurry. To remedy this, do all of your work in CompuPic and save the photo at its best resolution. Then open the picture with Paint (a native Windows utility) and save it. It will retain the detail but decrease the size of the jpg by compressing it. Lots to fiddle with, but the goal is to make the photos best match the coin.

Hoot