• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

copper newps.... whaddya think...

9 posts in this topic

I got these from a forum member ATS... I'll try to get my own images but for now I'm using the former owners' images... they're a pretty good representation of the pieces in-hand... even the color is a good representation...

The 1840 was one of my collecting goals for this year.... I finally found what I consider to be a nice no-problems piece of copper. The 1853 now resides in my Dansco 7070 type set...

1840LD.jpg

1853N24.jpg

Thanks all... I was concerned about the devices of the 1840 from the pics, but it's just dirt...no corrosion or "green demons" and perfectly acceptable for the grade. This is a tougher date to find in mid-grade condition (VF/XF) which is my target grade for the series of "Braided Hair" Large Cents. I bought the 1853 just because it looked so nice... I wasn't dissapointed. There is still mint luster in the devices... and it's one of those coins that I never get tired of looking at.

Thanks..Leo

Overall I like the look of the coins and they are quite a bit tougher than bid prices would suggest. However, is that a spot of removed corossion near star three of the 1840? hm