• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some coins that arrived today and this week

17 posts in this topic

That 85 Morgan is gorgeous! I think you need one more light for your photos though. I think it would bring out the coin better. Just a thought.

Some very nice coins! Nice looking 20 cent piece.
\

Bruce, you're the man! How in the world did you know that was a 20C? (worship)

That's scary, maaaaan! :o

\

Easy give aways if you know what a 20 cent piece looks like.

Reckon I should pay closer attention but, then again, I'm not a VAM or Overton type of guy. I'm not so meticulous to small detail.

That's ironic since I can spot the tiniest abnormality out on a cat scan. :screwy:

\

On a 20c piece, "Liberty" is sticking out of the coin, not going into it. (for lack of better technical terms)

On a 20c piece, "Liberty" is sticking out of the coin, not going into it. (for lack of better technical terms)

Looks like I just got schooled by a youngster! :o

Thanks, Zach. That makes it easy.

Let us now review the Seated Liberty Designs. This is more for me than anything. Sure, it's embarrassing to show ignorance at times but I prefer to learn from such experiences.

20C

61854-July10,2008029.jpg

5C

13930983O.jpg

10C

09691212O.jpg

25C

50068642O.jpg

50C

6601383O.jpg

$1

1786315-008O.jpg

doh! Yep, the 20C is very easy to distinquish now. I think that the raised vs. incused "LIBERTY" is the easiest give-away. The stars are also smaller and the fields are more open.

(thumbs u

doh! Yep, the 20C is very easy to distinquish now. I think that the raised vs. incused "LIBERTY" is the easiest give-away. The stars are also smaller and the fields are more open.

(thumbs u

Victor, even Liberty's head and hair look different on the 20c pieces.

Nice group of coins. Love that '39!

Excellent! Thanks for the comment! My pics turned out much better than the seller's which looked mossy green. In hand, it is even better than my pics.