• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IGWT, this is by far the most gorgeous Shield Nickel that I have ever seen!

14 posts in this topic

rantrant

Not to be a kill joy, but there's no need to continue cluttering up the public forum with what amounts to private messages to a single member. There's the PM system for that. I know it's all in good fun but I'm tired of seeing public threads that are addressed to one person, especially when this picture is being reposted from another thread that already existed. We didn't need another one.

rantrant

Ok, now I'll go off and ruin the fun for someone else.

rantrant

Not to be a kill joy, but there's no need to continue cluttering up the public forum with what amounts to private messages to a single member. There's the PM system for that. I know it's all in good fun but I'm tired of seeing public threads that are addressed to one person, especially when this picture is being reposted from another thread that already existed. We didn't need another one.

rantrant

Ok, now I'll go off and ruin the fun for someone else.

:makepoint:

This is not a personal PM to Lou but is acknowledgement of a gorgeous coin!

Victor, mmmm-mmmm-good! Wow, that be one TASTY coin! :golfclap:

rantrant

Not to be a kill joy, ...

But you are.

This is a fun coin posted to everyone, but it is known that IGWT has a serious Jones for Shield nickels.

Even Shield nickel collectors deserve some love.

:shy:

Thanks, Victor. Given my preference for business strikes, I prefer the '71 and the '75. I wasn't going to include the proof-only years ('77 & '78) in my collection, but this coin convinced me otherwise. If it matters, it's graded NGC PR66, and well within the top echelon of that grade at either service. The '80 is (obviously) also a proof, but I can't justify the cost of a business strike that came off the same dies . . . .

Revenant: :boo:;)

Edited to add: I'm glad to have the opportunity to post a couple coins. In the excitement of someone showing an interest in Shields, I neglected to mention that Mike Printz at Whitlow took the photos of the '78 (which I then placed in my template), although the other pictures are mine.

Even Shield nickels deserve some love.

I'd prefer you leave them all for me.

Actually, it's pretty cool that even though both Lou and I collect the same series we have different philosophies in what we buy and rarely butt heads (no, that doesn't mean we are buttheads) at auctions.