• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you guess the grade of this Indian Cent ?

8 posts in this topic

That coin is gorgeous; I have been looking for a toned IHC for my type set for over two years. I will go MS65 RB.

That coin is gorgeous; I have been looking for a toned IHC for my type set for over two years. I will go MS65 RB.

Wow, I don't do this very often, but I think I have to call myself out. I forgot that I bid on this coin when it was in auction at Heritage. Brandon @ Anaconda outbid me and I quickly found out why when he posted his photo which was so much better than Heritage's. Nothing new there. I was going to put an offer with Anaconda, but I didn't because even though the holder says MS65RD, I believe that my original grade of MS65RB is appropriate and that I would not be able to sell this coin in the future at anywhere near the buy price.

I knew this coin looked familiar and the touch of green at the tips of the 4th and 5th feathers is the giveaway. Cert # 627271-001 NGC MS65RD

Well, the guessing game has ended early, but it is still a very beautiful IHC IMO.

Lehigh you hit the nail on the head with this one. I did purchase this coin from Heritage a couple of weeks ago when Anaconda was liquidating their inventory. I do believe the coin is properly graded as a MS65 RD. There is so much toning on the coin one might think it does have some brown in it. In order to really appreciate this coin you have to see it in person. The picture that Heritage had up did not do the coin any justice and that is most likely why I got it for less then it should have went for. The picture I posted here from the Anaconda web site is a better representation of what the coin looks like. Because it is in a thick NGC holder getting a good picture of the coin is not easy.Also the coin was not placed flush in the holder and is tilted , so getting a good picture from a scanner is even difficult.

Looks like Anaconda paid $ 805 including buying power for this back in February of 2008 . I paid $ 575 for it :-} I think I got this coin for a great price because all the Anaconda coins went for no reserve.

Yeah,

I was the under bidder when it went for $805, you got it at a bargain price. Anaconda had it on their website for $1,000. I was going to offer $900 but decided to pass. Great pick up at a great price. Congrats!

I placed the $ 500 bid in pre auction bidding. I sat in front of my computer the day of the live auction expecting to be out bid. Nothing came in !! I have picked up some great deals on Heritage . Anaconda had a great selection of premium coins at premium prices !! :-}