• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got my box of coins back today

1 post in this topic

Hey all,

Like I said in previous posts.My 79s Morgan was given MS 64,the 81-O Morgan was given 62PL. The 1900 was given"did not make minimum". The note inside said "altered surfaces". I don't know enough to say why.

The last two I'm really wondering about. One is an 1881-S Morgan that was deemed "Improperly cleaned". The note attached says it would be a good candidate for NCS. HMMM.

The last is the 1899 Indian Cent. "Artificial color". I got the same note about being a good candidate for NCS with this one!!

I think I see why they say my 81S was cleaned. It looks like the outer edge of the rims are a bit dark. I'll put up a picture later.

Sorry,the two notes about NCS are different. The 81 S note suggests the coin can be conserved. The 1899 IHC note says something about certifying it as genuine with any variety and details grade.