• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New design $20.00 star notes

10 posts in this topic

I have only seen the new designed 20's floating around the north

end of Ca for about 3-4 weeks now and today I sold something at work

and guess what the customer paid me with. Star notes. Now I don't

personally collect them, but I know some of you do. Here is 4 of em

in consecutive order. I didn't like the new bills when they first

came out, and I like these funny looking things even less. Starting

to look like foriegn currancy to me!!! confused-smiley-013.gif

305019-starnotes-04.jpg.fd87b7fecbacad039bb85e56eaec8067.jpg

I'm also keeping an eye out for these. Kind of fun. I like how readily one can find consecutive serial numbers with the new notes.

"Starting to look like foriegn currancy to me!!!"

Thank goodness our notes are starting to get some character with just a hint of beauty! Perhaps we can have some real art return to our notes, as was common before 1910 or so. angel.gif

Hoot

Hey Hoot. I agree with you on the old notes. They had lots of character.

I haven't seen too many old bills personally, lot of pictures tho. And of

course I have seen Mr Robert Chambers ( SAH coin vault insane.gif) pushing them on tv. I think our early mint products had a better design and beauty than the modern counterparts. Of course there are issues today that didn't have to be considered back then. There was a series of notes that had trains and boats on them that I think are cool. And the old horseblankets would force us to get bigger wallets and pockets today.

the old horseblankets would force us to get bigger wallets and pockets today

A fashion trend started by the money we carry? Cool! laugh.gif I could go for the bigger wallet and pockets! laugh.gifcool.gif

The only thing I find kind of strange about the new notes is how they feel. The paper doesn't feel like paper at all. Makes me wonder how good of a spitwad one would make? insane.gif

Hoot

It shouldn't feel like paper if you mean your typical wood cellulose paper, it's more closely related to cloth being made from a slurry of cotton and some synthetic fibers. And that's what the paper money has been made of for years. before that it was a mixture of about 75% cotton and 25% linen flax with a little bit of silk thrown in.