• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wisconsin high & low leaf quarters in Dansco & whitman folders YES/NO

33 posts in this topic

Not every album made need include it but albums should be available.

Ah-Ha!!! This is exactly what I have written regarding this issue from the beginning of this thread. Standard albums would not need this issue, but variety inclusive albums would need the issue.

Cladking,

And I can see your position, too. As bait to get non-collectors interested in looking at coins it serves well. No one will ever know how many new collectors were created by Max Mehl and his 1913 nickel promotion. I can easily accept that.

I look at it from the point of a compulsive hole-filler who already collects coins, however, That hole would drive me nuts--not because I couldn't afford to fill it, but because I would have no desire to. I feel the same way about many other--in my opinion--"unnecessary necessities" such as the 3 leg buffalo or the 1922 no-D and 55 DDO cents. Are they desirable coins? Sure, they just shouldn't be necessary for a complete collection.

And of course, my opinion ON ANYTHING NUMISMATIC should be accepted as gospel and applicable to all other collectors. lol