• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another counterfeit liberty seated dollar on Ebay????

16 posts in this topic

An Ebay seller by the name of ahuramazdacorner(100% feedback) is currently offering 3 1846 Liberty Seated Dollars on Ebay(one is bid up above $80 the other two are BIN for $350) that he states weighs only 19.1 grams, which is well below the standard weight. I have notified him but he has not responded as of yet.

The coins look flat in color but I thought that could have been due to scans but by his admission to their weight, I believe them to be counterfeit. What do you think?

Jim

Ebay

Edited to add: I just received the following reply:

Hello Sir,Thanks for your question.I know the weight of the coin.But what is actual,I have to mention there.Its original and not a counterfeit coin.

Regards

I wouldn't touch them at all. An 1865 Washinton quarter?Check the listed weight on the Morgans. 19.3?!!!. Supposed to be 26.xx. Add to that the color of his coins.They just don't look right. Ridiculous fraud

An Ebay seller by the name of ahuramazdacorner(100% feedback) is currently offering 3 1846 Liberty Seated Dollars on Ebay(one is bid up above $80 the other two are BIN for $350) that he states weighs only 19.1 grams, which is well below the standard weight. I have notified him but he has not responded as of yet.

The coins look flat in color but I thought that could have been due to scans but by his admission to their weight, I believe them to be counterfeit. What do you think?

Jim

Ebay

Edited to add: I just received the following reply:

Hello Sir,Thanks for your question.I know the weight of the coin.But what is actual,I have to mention there.Its original and not a counterfeit coin.

Regards

Looks fake to me like the one below :frustrated:

http://cgi.ebay.com/US-1799-DRAPED-BUST-HERALDIC-EAGLE-FA1141_W0QQitemZ330241958706QQihZ014QQcategoryZ537QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Even after all our reports of his fraudulent auctions, ebay has allowed these to continue and the one coin is up to $155 with 9 bids. It closes in 2 hours+ and someone will be screwed. Go Ebay!!!

Jim

I did report him, but as usual ebay only accepts the auction #'s and not an explanation of his actions.

Jim

The link below should allow you to list the auction numbrs AND write an explanation. It's amazing to me that Ebay's reporting system defaults to different, inferior options. see here

I wrote this dealer about the dollar and the half which I had contacted Ebay about. Here is his response, in denial as usual:

"Hello Sir,Thanks for your question.all my coins are original and Its was purchased from a shop.I know my stuff.Regards"

- ahuramazdacorner

I wrote this dealer about the dollar and the half which I had contacted Ebay about. Here is his response, in denial as usual:

"Hello Sir,Thanks for your question.all my coins are original and Its was purchased from a shop.I know my stuff.Regards"

- ahuramazdacorner

I received the same reply to the message I sent to him. I wrote back, among other things, that either he either didn't know his stuff or was a liar and a scammer.

I told him that he was breaking U.S. law to sell counterfeit coins. The rest is up to him. Ebay won't do anything meaningful to or about him.

i would NEVER buy off e-bay.u don't know what you get,(if u get it?)u need honest ,or somewhat do your homework on the coins your interested in.everyone is out to make a buck.look for the best deal shop around.there's more than e-bay.theres a coin shop i always go through.cornerstone.com the best!!!they will beat any price out there.ask and they will find it,if they don't have it

good luck