• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good News for Presidential $1 Coin Collectors!

6 posts in this topic

Okay, this makes me happy, at least. The Mint has announced that they will ship up to $500 (1 or 2 boxes of $250) of each presidential dollar to "businesses" ... but there's no actual place to verify you're a business. So basically, you can now buy up to 50 rolls of each president from the Mint for face value with free shipping.

The only downside that I see to this is that there doesn't appear to be any way to get a certain mint mark, though I would hope that they're solid rolls of one or the other. And you have to order at least $250-worth.

I already have my JQA-D so I'm a tad wary of doing this in the chance I get a box full of D ... but, we'll see what my finances look like next month and I may go for it.

If any of you folks end up doing this, could you please post the state (and city if you're willing) that you're in and what mint mark you got or if it was mixed?

I called the mint to find this out. First off the operator had no idea what I was talking about. I had to direct her to he offer on the web site. She then put me on hold for about 10 min. and came back and just read me the description on the site. Then after I had told her I had already read the site and did not find the answer I was looking for, she again put me on hold. When she returned she gave me a tele. # to call about the program. I called the # and it was some random persons cell number. Love the coins not the CS.

This is probably a good way to get these things into circulation.

Except the circulating most of them will do will be Mint - business(collector) - bank - Fed. End of cycle.

When she returned she gave me a tele. # to call about the program. I called the # and it was some random persons cell number. Love the coins not the CS.

Well she got rid of her problem, you. And that was what she wanted. :)

Could be a new technique. If you don't know what to tell the person on the phone give them some random number to call and get them off your hands. :)

This is probably a good way to get these things into circulation.

Except the circulating most of them will do will be Mint - business(collector) - bank - Fed. End of cycle.

Yeah, you're probably right. I went to lunch with some folks yesterday, paid in 8 $1 coins. Yet they waited to take my friends' orders after mine because they were scrounging for $1 bills since they'd run out in the drawer. I asked, "Why don't you just give the coins I just gave you as change?" She gave me a blank look and then went back to frantically pulling $1 bills out of the tip jar. I just walked away shaking my head.

I called the mint to find this out. First off the operator had no idea what I was talking about. I had to direct her to he offer on the web site. She then put me on hold for about 10 min. and came back and just read me the description on the site. Then after I had told her I had already read the site and did not find the answer I was looking for, she again put me on hold. When she returned she gave me a tele. # to call about the program. I called the # and it was some random persons cell number. Love the coins not the CS.

That sucks. Are you going to order, anyway? I think I will ... but after my credit card cycle for June is finished. ;) My paycheck is screwed up these days because of NASA grants not getting to the University in time ... blah blah blah.