• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my circulated 1917 T1 SLQ

8 posts in this topic

Hi, MunkyMan95 :hi:

From the photos of your coin I would grade it F-15. Your coin still has all it's main features intact with the edge rims still strong.

AAJ :grin:

Whether you give much credence to the "ANA Grading Standards" or not, this is their description of VG-8:

OBVERSE: Entire design is weak, and most details in gown are worn smooth. All letters and date are clear but tops of numerals may be flat. Rim is complete. Drapery across breast is partially outlined.

REVERSE: About one third of the feathers are visible, and large feathers at ends of wings are well separated. Eye is visible. Rim is full and all letters are clear.

Chris

PCGS graded this one VG08, which I do not agree with.

It's mistakes like that which make me wonder why so many folks automatically think something in a PCGS holder is golden. VG-8 isn't a "conservative grade", it's a wrong grade.