• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value question

9 posts in this topic

Where/how would one get an idea of value of a Complete Roosevelt Dime Set in BU/Proof condition(MS63 up-189 coins) includes the TI and TII 1979 S. 1946-2007PDSS. I have searched the interenet and can only come up with a WAG.

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

You might check the Heritage archives (or other auction company archives) to see if a complete set has sold recently.

Very interesting. I have a complete set of these that go from 1946 to date and include the modern proofs and silver proofs.

An average of $2 or $3 a coin is probably a good guess, given the amount of silver in there, plus the proofs. I don't know how much extra can be added for the 1979S type II, as its not my thing.

I purchased a complete set 46 thru 02 from a board member for $400, and I consider that a good deal. I will have much more than that in the raw set that I am currently working on, when I am finished.

(don't even ask how much I have in my NGC set!!)

Greysheet lists the following for BU Singles:

1946-1964 $170/185

1965 to date including S proofs and silvers $130/140

so together $300/325

Take great care using greysheet for any album type of collection of modern coins (Roosevelts, Jeffersons, etc.). The "real" wholesale value is about 35% below bid, as I have found out the hard way. I know of a dealer who bought a BU roll set of Jefferson nickels in Whitman albums (in other words, 40 complete sets), and it took him a long time to unload them well below sheet - and that was onto the retail market.

As always, some sets are a lot better than others, of course.