• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feeling a little insulted.

42 posts in this topic

I removed the post with apologies to Shane. I was unfair to you. I stick by the fact that it's poor form to gloat over another's misfortune.

Again I see people making excuses for the seller and telling the buyer the seller has a right to be ticked off so please understand his crappy e-mail.... (shrug)

2 simple facts here......

#1 the seller listed the coin as he wanted to list it and no one held a gun to his head as far as we know hm

#2 Revenant bid on the coin in accordance with all Ebay policies and procedures...he did nothing wrong and it is not his problem in the least if the seller screwed himself.....the seller has no right to get snippy...after all he made an error in his listing by putting the incorrect cert number....but again...somehow this is Revenant fault?

It's not to often I disagree with what most folks posting in a thread but I keep waiting for the J/K after each of your posts an yet none have come..... :o

I have ripped coins from Ebay seller and I have been ripped royally.....the one thing I have never done was give attitude to a buyer because he got a coin cheap....and I never will...it's called customer service folks? :screwy:

This still would not be my call in this case.I would have checked the certification number if I was going to bid at all unless I just stumbled on the coin in the last few minutes.If it is in the last few minutes then there is no time to e mail the seller.You then have two choices . Not to bid on the coin or to bid on it and worry about the certification number later. If the Certification number is not good and the seller has no excuse then you have a reason not to pay for the item.

Sometimes there is a communication problem. I would have written that "I still want the coin but I am worried about the certifcation number". In the absence of a condition then there is no way the Seller can know your reasons for the asking of the certification number. I also always check the number on the coin and the one on the description which is usually provided if I can't make out the number in the picture.

While the comment by the seller was " I paid a lot more for it " might not have been as good as " I understand your concern about the certification number and here it is and by the way you got a really good deal" would have been better then there is no way short of both reading each others minds that there is no way that one can assume what both mean and be correct 100% of the time.

i dont know what braught on the bashing but its happening alot lately.

Agree. When I was reading this thread I almost thought that I was on the PCGS coin forum.

I think the poor communicating continues...

Am I the only one that got the impression that Rev contacted the seller after winning the auction of an $11 purchase to ask for the cert #...then after the seller made a mistake in giving him the certification #..Rev responded/contacted the seller AGAIN by questioning the authenticity...

I understand the sellers aggravation...loses money on the sale and then answers multiple emails about the cert #...his bluntness was unfortunate but understandable...

Too many thin skinned people in the world today who take offense at the slightest "perceived" slight...the guy was aggravated and it wasn't personal, and there doesn't appear to be any reason to now question his honesty and integrity about honoring the deal also..

As far as I know..it was listed incorrectly in the auction description and he asked once...could be wrong?

Here is the auction page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=280230350194

You'll note that he lists a Cert# in the "Item Specifics" section. This # does not work. I couldn't read it from the picture so I asked.

This is the last time I intend to reply to this thread....

Parker, the seller's bad decisions leave me little pity. He had several other cents for sale that he started at $19.99. One of the few reasons I got a $50 coin for $11 is that he started this particular auction low.

Maybe it was the lowest end one of the batch lol. Either way I would not worry about him, I would just enjoy my rip. I would not expect a seller to be happy for letting something go for around 20c on the dollar.

I think I am gonna to the Bay and bring up my slabbed coins search and see what I can get below market......Summer months are always bad on the Bay if your a seller but if your buying well could be some bargains there.