• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Purchased 2 Older Holders for my Type Set!!

16 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, :hi:

I just purchased two new coins for my USA Type Set.

The first coin is a Buffalo nickel 1938-D MS-66. This is my first

buffalo nickel that is graded. :)

The second coin is a 1943-D Steel penny MS-67.

This is also my first steel penny!! :)

I wish I could see the picture better, also there was also no picture

of the reverse, but I was willing to take the chance.

This is the sellers picture.

MS-66MS-67.jpg

Happy Hunting!!

Very cool! :applause:

My very first PCGS coin was/is a MS67 1938 D Buffalo Nickel in 2002. I gave $270 for it and had no idea what I was doing since I was as green as green can be. :o I still have it as a cherished part of my type registry.

I almost upgraded my steel cent from a 66 to a 67 yesterday but decided to leave it the way it is. Maybe I just gave myself a reality check to not seek the numbers so much. hm

[font:Comic Sans MS]Hey everyone :hi:

I just got my buffalo nickel today and it is very golden toned.

Plus the die is rotated...can anyone tell me how much.[/font]

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

About 10 degrees, I'd say.

Great pics! For whatever reason, I can never take a decent shot of a buffalo nickel. :sorry:

Gratz Schatzy. I'm waiting on my first certified steelies (I have quite a few raw ones), a 1943-P and 1943-D cent in NGC MS67.

I love the old holders......and I sure hated to sell the vast majority of mine but I have a few left if you need more for your type set....I believe I have a Peace dollar, Frankie, Ike.....and a Buff.

Wow! Your photos, although a bit dark, sure show off the luster the original seller is missing via his scan.

Nice coin and really, there's about nothing as pretty as a superbly GEM Buffalo nickel with an overlay of bright patina and swirling luster.

Nice catch!

Here is the Lincoln cent!!

I am really happy with the purchase.:grin: The seller pictures were not that good

and didn't even show the reverse of the coins...but I got them at a good price.

006-1.jpg

008.jpg

I love the old holders......and I sure hated to sell the vast majority of mine but I have a few left if you need more for your type set....I believe I have a Peace dollar, Frankie, Ike.....and a Buff.

I am not just collecting old holders.....I just found two coins that I needed for my type set and the same seller was selling both. I really just wanted the coin and really didn't care

what kind of holder it was in. I really want to own at least one NGC black holder!!

I am not just collecting old holders.....I just found two coins that I needed for my type set and the same seller was selling both. I really just wanted the coin and really didn't care

what kind of holder it was in. I really want to own at least one NGC black holder!!

You and thousands of others....the holy grail of plastic lol

You and thousands of others....the holy grail of plastic lol

So give me one.....I know you hide one from your exwife somewhere (: