• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What a confusion !!

6 posts in this topic

Hi all ..

remember this post

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=2&Number=2399313&Searchpage=2&Main=127074&Words=dooly&topic=0&Search=true#Post2399313

Well i got the coins back today and non of the coins were conserved ? and even though i had ticked the NGC grading only box the non gradable coins were returned in NCS slabbs ?? (shrug) hows that for a job..

I have phoned and the nice lady at NCS is trying to find out who worked on the coins and get them to ring and explain..

as i said to her i wanted them conserved (in some cases) to stop the verdigris and remove the Gunk from others weather they would NGC or not >>>

hear are the results of the bodyslabs

1903 25c XF Improperly cleaned

1850's Canada token AU Corroded

1883 NC 5C UNC Improperly Cleaned

1865 2c AU Environmental damage

1864 LM 2c XF Countermarked

1838 1C N-1 XF Countermarked

1838 1C N-1 XF Environmental damage

well there you go what do you think of that.. lol

Lets see what they say tomorrow...

~Well i got the coins back today and non of the coins were conserved ?

You sent them to NGC or NCS?

~and even though i had ticked the NGC grading only box the non gradable coins were returned in NCS slabbs ??

I don't understand this dooly, you checked the NGC grade only knowing they were to to be conserved?

And when the coins were returned , they were in NCS holders with the body bag notations? (and no conservation done to the coins)

ie; environmental damaged, improperly cleaned, countermarked

You did have three coins grade (NGC or NCS) out of that batch and the rest came back not touched?

Well, let's us know how things work out for you on this one...sounds to me there is some confusion going on here for sure.

I'm lost like a goose in a snow storm as well?

I don't think you sent in anything that could be conserved! NCS can't fix corrosion, improper cleaning, damage, or counter marks.

~Well i got the coins back today and non of the coins were conserved ?

You sent them to NGC or NCS?

~and even though i had ticked the NGC grading only box the non gradable coins were returned in NCS slabbs ??

I don't understand this dooly, you checked the NGC grade only knowing they were to to be conserved?

And when the coins were returned , they were in NCS holders with the body bag notations? (and no conservation done to the coins)

ie; environmental damaged, improperly cleaned, countermarked

You did have three coins grade (NGC or NCS) out of that batch and the rest came back not touched?

Well, let's us know how things work out for you on this one...sounds to me there is some confusion going on here for sure.

I'm lost like a goose in a snow storm as well?

Sorry if i did not make it clear. all the coins were sent straght to NCS for them to consaerve evalyate and then send any which could be a possable grader to NGC.. all others to be returned so they could be placed in my danscos..

so what realy happend (i think) was the coins the coins went straght to NCS evaluation three were sent to NGC and the others were put in NCS slabs

I don't think you sent in anything that could be conserved! NCS can't fix corrosion, improper cleaning, damage, or counter marks.

i have sent like items before and they have stablised the coins before for me.. and usualy take the muck out of the countersamps for me the real reason that the countersamps could not be graded because they are not listed in the book..