• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the odds?

6 posts in this topic

An article in the June 2 issue of Coin World (p. 86) recounts the following:

A man walks into a Pensacola coin shop intending to sell a high grade 1903-S Morgan $. The shopowner recognizes the coin as being the one he sold to an Ohio dentist, and was aware that the dentist's collection had been stolen from his home, 1200 lb. safe and all. The dealer stalled for time to get the FBI involved, and the man was eventually arrested.

Chalk one up for the good guys!

Chris

It reminds me of the crook who broke into this ladies home, stole her checkbook and then went though the drive in window at the bank attempting to cash one of the checks. Guess who the teller at the bank was, your right, it was the lady who had her checks stolen! She delayed the transaction just long enough until the police could arrive and nab the thief.

Kharma is not exactly on a thief's side at times.

An article in the June 2 issue of Coin World (p. 86) recounts the following:

A man walks into a Pensacola coin shop intending to sell a high grade 1903-S Morgan $. The shopowner recognizes the coin as being the one he sold to an Ohio dentist, and was aware that the dentist's collection had been stolen from his home, 1200 lb. safe and all. The dealer stalled for time to get the FBI involved, and the man was eventually arrested.

Chalk one up for the good guys!

Chris

You can never know. Back in hte seventies my Parents were in the process of moving from California to South Texas. They were building a home and a Store. Periodically they would go down there to check up on progress and would stay at a place on South Padre Island. This was before Lady Bird Johnson declared it a National Seashore and it was built up.

They met another couple on the Island and one night they all had Dinner .Later they were driving around looking at sights nearby and my Parents showed them where they were building their Home on the Gulf.

As they were going back they passed by the Store that my Parents were having built and the other couple said " that is the store we are building".You just never know.