• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sorry, this is an ebay question..

38 posts in this topic

before this particular *spoon*, 99.9% of my buyers said the same thing.... now with a 98.8 i'm just another seller you hope you can trust, and it's really driving me nuts here... this is my livelihood.. my life pretty much \:\( this sucks

So keep selling, treat people well and your score will start creeping back up and in twelve months his 48 negs will no longer count on your score and your feedback will pop back up. Yes it's lousy that you have to suffer for those twelve months but that's eBay's new wonderful system for you. Under the old system only one of those negs would have counted against you. Now all forty eight do.

We have had this discussion before. I was the one that brought it up in the case of the Seller that took several days to ship the coin and then charged me for Insurance that was not bought through USPS even though it was shipped through them.

Many posters here claimed that many Sellers are Self Insured and these charges go to the fund which supports this practice.I have seince lloked on EBay and noticed that some Sellers actually state that they are Self Insured. This is my only

concern. If I pay extra for optional Insurance then I just want to know what method of Insurance is covered.I know that there are some who charge for it and do not have it in any form and roll the dice.

If it is illegal to charge more for postage to offset some of the Ebay fees then it should be a No No to charge extra for Insurance to offset some of the fees or other events.

As to the buying gas at $4.00 a gallon and getting 20 gallons and having the Pump register $89.00 we are talking about 10 %. $9.00 out of $1700. seems to be another matter.

The problem I have with it is that the Buyer left all the Negative feedbacks , If the Buyer was otherwise happy with the transaction then why not leave a Positive feedback but reduce the rating which specifically targets the shipping and handling.

asig4life is his ebay name.. aka Robert Coffey.. aka the guy i'd love to spit on.

it wasn't about the $9.. it was the arrogance he had, and the principle of it all. who in the world asks for the shipping balance back? if i charged $3, and he got the package with a $2.54 sticker on it.. he'd ask for a .46 refund? 'bugger off' as they say... *consider the shipping quotes before you bid* - the kicker here is i could've charged him $74 according to what i say in my auctions... i knocked it down to $30 cuz i'm a nice guy. which paid off well here obviously :cry:

perhaps it was a bad move on my part, but it was exactly that... extortion.. it was basically 'give me money or else' - ugh

I already commented earlier but if this was the case then why not respond to the Buyer that you "knocked it down from $74.00" instead of it was used to offset Ebay fees'?

i don't have a powerseller rep that i know of.. i never went through the powerseller procedures, i treat all those ebay emails as fakes and i dont see the point. anyway, i like what you're saying about how 48 negs is grounds for something.... i'll dig around and see what i can do, i simply can not have that many negatives.. i'm an honest seller, i don't deserve this.

before this particular *spoon*, 99.9% of my buyers said the same thing.... now with a 98.8 i'm just another seller you hope you can trust, and it's really driving me nuts here... this is my livelihood.. my life pretty much \:\( this sucks

So keep selling, treat people well and your score will start creeping back up and in twelve months his 48 negs will no longer count on your score and your feedback will pop back up. Yes it's lousy that you have to suffer for those twelve months but that's eBay's new wonderful system for you. Under the old system only one of those negs would have counted against you. Now all forty eight do.

How can all 48 negatives count against the seller and the feedback % only drop 1%. I looked up the feedback policy on E-Bay and this is what I found:

However, members can affect each other's Feedback Score by only one point per week. Each member may affect your score by one point per transaction. However, to make sure that repeat Feedback is calculated in the Feedback Score, each transaction the member is leaving Feedback for must end in a separate week. For Feedback, eBay defines a week as Monday through Sunday, Pacific Time. For example, a buyer wins an item on Tuesday, then receives it and gives the seller positive Feedback on Thursday. If the buyer wins another item that week with the same seller, the Feedback the buyer leaves will not count toward the seller's Feedback Score. But if the buyer wins another item the following Tuesday, the Feedback will count toward the seller's Feedback Score.

It seems that this guy's ridiculous 48 negatives only count as one negative feedback. Anyone interested in your auctions who views your feedback will see this for exactly what it is. I don't think this will hurt you at all.

As for sellers on E-Bay being proud of their 100% feedback ratings. I think that all of the E-Bay sellers should accept that those days are about to end. Under the old system of feedback, buyers were certainly hesitant to leave negative feedback in fear of a negative retaliation. Now they can leave honest feedback without fear. The result will be a much higher percentage of negative feedbacks for all E-Bay sellers! And although the good sellers will be victims of the crazy buyers who become negative happy, the bad sellers are the ones who will ultimately be exposed.

Consider that under the old system the good sellers feedback rating were usually 99.5-100%. The bad sellers ratings were usually from 98.0-99.5%. It was almost impossible to discern who the good and bad sellers were from the feedback rating. Under the new system, I suspect that the good sellers ratings will fall to 95-100% and the bad sellers will end up with ratings in the 75-90% range.

My take is that you're screwed. You obviously didn't recognize the hurt this guy could put on you or you'd have thanked him and sent the $9. --jerry

I think you meant to send this to somebody else as I am not the Originator of the thread.

I still would have mentioned that the reason for the $30.00 charge was that "I was discounting it form $74.00" rather than the reason of adding $9.00 to compensate for other fees.

As for the Buyer I would have left Positive feedback but reduced the rating on the shipping/handling area assuming that everything else was good.

As for the Buyer I would have left Positive feedback but reduced the rating on the shipping/handling area assuming that everything else was good.

That is spot on and how the system is meant to work that's why the stars were added... shame the world is so :censored: up and humans have to retaliate so often to feel better about themselves

so... if he said "refund my $9, and why don't you throw in some burger king coupons.." i should've obliged? because he spent 1700 on 1700 worth of stuff?

ebay isn't going to do anything, that insufficiently_thoughtful_person isnt going to withdraw them... he wont reply to anything. hopefully because he's pinned under something that's slowly killing him.. :mad: