• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

After my last outburst i would like your opinions before i respond !

10 posts in this topic

Hi all i have just received this email from a person in the USA for a lot of German coins

His message

Your coins arrived today without a single coin I have and interest in. Looking back over your carefully worded offer. You have met your guide lines quite accurately. It is my fault for not reading everything carefully and looking at the photo with my glasses on. I was disappointed in seeing so much post 1950 and no WWII coins. But a guy can't have it his way all the time. I have a young nephew that I'm trying to interest in coin collecting these might fit in his kit.

(shrug)

hear is the sale..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220230867811&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

my problem is i want to be nice but the item price was so low that it will not be worth sending them back and i think it was a fair if not cheep price for the coins (the marks were quite good dates and in good condition).

I think my fault was i did not list the dates and mint marks but the sale was designed as a gab bag and i was not expecting the earth for them..

Opinions please so i can respond

thanks dooly :devil:

As advertised, excellent fast sevice, exta nice lot of small WWII German Coins Buyer: rangemstr ( 2200) 19-May-08 19:37

120g of German marks pfennigs Great mix of coins (#220230867811) £3.70 View Item

he has just posted my feedback (shrug)

Wayne,

To me if I were to see your offer, if I had any specific interests and were not able to determine by your scan, I would have sent you an email requesting details on the coins. What you offered was fairly generic and I see nothing wrong with it. It is the buyer's responsibility to clarify what he is bidding on if there is any question.

Rey

You might go the extra mile, and send him a note thanking him for the positive feedback, and inquiring about any specific coins which he might be looking for. Who knows, you might make another sale. :)

Dear ----,

I am sorry you were disappointed with the lot of coins you bought. While it might not be worth the postage it would cost you to return them, I would be happy to give you a full refund.

Please let me know your preference any time within the next 48 hours, in order that I be able to let Ebay know if we are going to reverse this transaction.

Sincerely,

Mr. NOTT (No Outburst This Time) :)

You might go the extra mile, and send him a note thanking him for the positive feedback, and inquiring about any specific coins which he might be looking for. Who knows, you might make another sale. :)

good idea (thumbs u

I have some war era stuff up for sale at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220236149702&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012

i don't know if he may take offence if i try to sell him some more stuff though hm

Actually, Bob has a good point, you ought to let him know that if you can determine what he is looking for, you can utilize the resources of these forum members to find perhaps what he needs. A great idea. That will demonstrate that you are not just another Ebay seller but one tied to a strong numismatic organization.

Rey

With out reading any of the responses...

Header: Great mix of coins

Description: fantastic mix of coins from germany

The coins are from Germany and it is a mix...I see no problems here with this e-bay sale dooly. The buyer should have asked questions before buying...a simple question such as, "Is there any WWII German coins in this mix?"

But, here's the buyers out:

Returns: Seller accepts returns.

7 Days of receipt

No matter the price paid, the buyer has the comfort of knowing the item can be returned if not satified, you must honor this.

The coins are a fine mix for $7.50 U.S. They are more modern German marks, and various pfenning denominations. He should have used his eyeglasses. Offering him other options is a good idea to gain a customer.

People in Europe seen to be much more blase about buying on Ebay. In this land you need to read all the fine print with many Ebay sellers.