• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Been to the coin shops in the UK again

9 posts in this topic

Hi all went scrounging again and there was very little in again .. always the same when you have a little spare cash to spend. (shrug)

but what he dis say was that i should save some money up as they are "Finally" going to have a coin sale/auction sometime before August !!! and there are lots of accumulations of USA coins in the sale :applause: when i asked if there are any "good" single USA coins he said "NO" (tsk).. so i guess i will have to keep listing on eBay and stop spending at the moment.. !!!!

i did pick this 1906D up for my dansco

1906.jpg1906d.jpg

and when i got back from the bank with the cash for it some one had come in with a lot of coins and i grabbed this for £3 out of the bag.

1971.jpg

And not exactly us but i thought this Philippines over-date was cool and cheep to boot

SSPAIN1882.jpg

SSPAIN1882r.jpg

and of course a UK coin which i like the condition and also the planchet flaw "which you seem to rarely find on UK stuff

1888.jpg1888r.jpg

1888c.jpg1888rc.jpg

This N-1 has come today from Harlan J. Berk Ltd in the USA and i am quite pleased with the $25 i payed for it..

What do you think ?

18471847.jpg1847r.jpg

1847.jpg

Happy hunting :devil:

I don't have a Redbook handy at work, so I'll have to ask: is that an overdate or a re-punched date in the '47 large cent?

I think they are all solid coins except for the Barber Half. Spotting may be nice on a cheetah but it's distracting on a coin. :þ

I don't have a Redbook handy at work, so I'll have to ask: is that an overdate or a re-punched date in the '47 large cent?

"strong repunching at left base of each digit + weaker repunching at the tops of the 1 & 8"

I think its a die state c as there are no die cracks or die lines evident on the reverse

I think they are all solid coins except for the Barber Half. Spotting may be nice on a cheetah but it's distracting on a coin. :þ

Yep it may need a bath :/