• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH: 1832 PCGS XF-45 Small Letters Bust Half Dollar; O-102 - Price Reduced

3 posts in this topic

FSH: 1832 PCGS XF-45 Small Letters Bust Half Dollar; O-102, Reverse B

$205 shipped and insured

OR

Will trade for a well-struck PCGS/NGC MS Liberty Nickel (1901-12) of approx. equal cost

OR

Will trade for an attractive Victorian British Sovereign with the St. George reverse of approx. equal cost.

I don't keep up with Overton numbers myself, but I asked a few folks and the

agreement was that the coin is an O-102. The stars on the obverse are not extra close to milling nor attached to milling which cinches the Overton as a 102. The flat strike on the olive stem, right claw and arrowheads makes this reverse 'B'.

I think this is an attractive, correctly-graded coin. The stars aren't extended into the rim, the portrait shows just a touch of wear without the distracting (to me, anyway) bright white cheeks seen on so many specimens with more wear. There's still a lot of detail and the flat strike on the eagle's claw, arrowheads, and the olive stem makes this a coin with personality!

Returns, shipping, payment details:

Returns accepted for 5 business days.

Shipping and insurance are included in the price.

Payment accepted via paypal.

Photos:

The coin is a little darker and a little less reddish-tinted in-hand.

The sort of blurry horizontal line between the E and R on the obverse is on the slab.

1832_half.jpg