• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One of my new favorites

13 posts in this topic

When I bought this from Heritage I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out as the pictures didn't show the colors. Tell me what you think:

Picture101.jpgPicture102.jpg

Picture104.jpgPicture105.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Picture103.jpg

I don't like the prints on the obverse....the coin looks like a MS63 to me rather than the 64 that it's labeled and the color on the cheek looks dead to me. Sorry but I don't really like this one personally :sorry:

Dwaine,

I love the colors, especially the green at the top. However, I hate fingerprints on coins and that just kills it for me. The reverse is beautiful. If you don't mind the fingerprints, you should be very proud, it is a nice coin.

In general, fingerprints really hamper my enthusiasm for a coin, but this coin appears to have palm prints on it and these do not bother me that much at all. In fact, I find the coin to look quite nice.

Ditto on the fingerprints and I'm surprised that it got a 64 with that gouge on the cheek. I wouldn't crack it if I were you.

Chris

Chris, I am not planning on cracking this coin out anytime soon. I am going to have to try and take some more pictures from different angles to try and get more of the color to come out on the obverse.

Now if I can just figure out if the coin has a VAM or not.

Check the tailfeathers. You might have a 7 over (?) variety. I have a diagnostic CD for the 7TF varieties at home. PM me some info on any peculiarities you might find under magnification, and I'll feed it into the program.

Chris

PS. I like the toning, too!

I like it, and especially if the price was closer to a 63....I was curious so I adjusted the light on the pics with gamma and contrast ( hope this is okay with you)...I don't like fingerprints but this one is not that distracting as others...nice find and nice coin

57327-Picture101.jpg.7522d19e33db4ea9b5e757cd6af54838.jpg