• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1924 VAM-8A peace dollar not recognized by NGC?????

7 posts in this topic

I submitted some VAM coins to NGC for crossover, but one of the coins in my submission was not crossed over because it was listed as "not recognized variety". It was a 1924 ANACS MS64 VAM-8A peace dollar. I checked VAMworld and their listing shows 1924-P VAM-1C became 1924-P VAM-8A Top 50 Peace Dollar.

I have asked NGC about this, but have not received any information other than it was listed as "not recognized variety". Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Charlie

I don't think there is any such thing as the top 50 unless it is a VAM deal of the top most 50 Vams. There is a "Hot 50" and a " Top 100 ". Although there Vams other than those it is only the Hot 50 and Top 100 that NGC will label.

If you are sure that the Vam is a Hot 50 then go to the bottom of the page and you will see "contact us". Click on it and either call that phone number or send an E Mail.

You think that's bad they don't even recognize missing leaf shield nickels.. rantrant

Nor do they even recognize Valentine numbers on seated half dimes.

(Then again, most people here don't either.) :(

I always go to the Registry itself and see if it is listed and has a slot.Check first and see if NGC has a slot for the 1C . You don't have to fo through all of them.The Morgan dollars have a separate Registry for the Hot 50 and the Top 100 so I would guess this is the case with the Peace Dollars.

If you find this to be the case then I would contact NGC no the 'contact us " form on the bottom of the page before I submitted it again and I am sure they will make it right.