• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newcastle Coin Auction Come see what happened

11 posts in this topic

Hi all .. sorry i have not posted over the last few days but i have had a sale on eBay and the first coin auction in 6 months in my local area..

there was 1110 lots with quite a few USA & Canada lots in the sale and hardly any one after the USA stuff :) and all but two lots i bid on went for under the Estimated price .. wish it was like this all the time.. hammered coins also were going cheep so i picked two up.. the prices payed were very strange though Cleaned Morgan dollars were selling for £12+ and uncleaned ones were selling for about £10 !!! (there the ones i bid on ) :D

Also there were 3 Shield nickels in a lot which were that worn that you could just make the dates out on and they went for £46 !!!!! (1866 WR, 1868 & 1869) needles to say i did not bid on them !

here are some pictures of the place and what i have purchased before i have gone through the lots.. i will post the interesting finds later (I think i have found a Top 100 VAM so far :wishluck:) and that's just at the viewing.. Well i am of to play with the coins now so enjoy the pictures ..

My mate lol (says he is the only person who wears a dutch cap on the outside)

checking the auction catalogue out in the cafe.

P1010004-2.jpg

The "Quality" hotel in the center of Newcastle (where the auction is held)

P1010005-2.jpg

The throng of bidders lol ( i think i was the youngest on there)

P1010006-3.jpg

My winnings

P1010008-2.jpg

The tip out

P1010009-1.jpg

P1010012-2.jpgP1010011-1.jpg

well hoped you liked that, as i said before i am of to play now and lets see what i can find and i will post ,,

all the best "the daft Englishman"

Great job, Dooly. Thanks for the walkthrough. Looks like you made some interesting purchases. I would have loved to been there.

Looking forward for the results of your days work. (thumbs u

Well almost sorted it out now just finishing the job lot of world stuff off .. my danscos are looking far more healthy now.. i will start scanning tomorrow and posting some pictures.. seems like i have two good Vams possibly 3 must check one of them out further the top 100 look to be a VAM 4 1880 over 1879 :)

what should i do list the finds here or start a new thread ??

Well almost sorted it out now just finishing the job lot of world stuff off .. my danscos are looking far more healthy now.. i will start scanning tomorrow and posting some pictures.. seems like i have two good Vams possibly 3 must check one of them out further the top 100 look to be a VAM 4 1880 over 1879 :)

what should i do list the finds here or start a new thread ??

New thread!

Dooly- the truth is with the exchange rate where it is, you could do very well bidding in dollars and paying in pounds.

Nice haul, Dooly! Let's see pictures of the 80/79. You didn't say, but I assume it is the 1880/79 CC '78 Reverse. Is that right?

Chris