• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oddments found in a job lot of coins

11 posts in this topic

Hey, Dooly.

The second one is commemorating a sports tournament in Lausanne, France.

The first one translates to "law (or decree) of October 9, 1907". I don't know what's on the other side. Can you post a pix...or did I miss it?

RI AL

Hey, Dooly.

The second one is commemorating a sports tournament in Lausanne, France.

The first one translates to "law (or decree) of October 9, 1907". I don't know what's on the other side. Can you post a pix...or did I miss it?

RI AL

cheers for that the 1907 is blank on the reverse

The coins on the right are 1960D (small date) Lincoln Cents from the United States of America - KM# 201. ;)

Almost (thumbs u you missed that its a DD lol

Hey again, Dooly.

Well, the first token is a mystery but hopefully someone else can assist. I took the 2 clues on the 1 side, (French language) and the denomination being "k"s, and searched through to find a country that spoke French or had French influence and used K's for coins. I came up with Algeria and Tunisia, both Arab speaking countries with French influence. Somehow, your token just doesn't seem "Arabic" because of the alphabet in use...so...I am as puzzled as you are. Maybe it's a Mc Donalds token from Zimbabwe or something (just kidding)...but I AM curious.

RI AL

Whoops sorry i meant Doubled mint mark .. sorry been out for the grand national and a little squiffy

Hey again, Dooly.

Well, the first token is a mystery but hopefully someone else can assist. I took the 2 clues on the 1 side, (French language) and the denomination being "k"s, and searched through to find a country that spoke French or had French influence and used K's for coins. I came up with Algeria and Tunisia, both Arab speaking countries with French influence. Somehow, your token just doesn't seem "Arabic" because of the alphabet in use...so...I am as puzzled as you are. Maybe it's a Mc Donalds token from Zimbabwe or something (just kidding)...but I AM curious.

RI AL

? i was wondering if it could mean 15.5 Kilometers ?

Kilometers. Now, there's a thought. It would go with the other token since THAT one was commemorating a sporting event. Maybe there was a 15.5 K French turtle race. I guess that would explain why it just turned up in your new coins with a date of 1907, huh? Those turtles are pretty darned slow last time I checked.

RI AL

Regarding Dooly's 1907 token, exactly what IS the green stuff? I have heard it referenced as "corrosion", but is it really? What causes that green stuff that isn't PVC I assume. I have it on some old world coppers. Now, I know that copper oxidizes and turns green (like on old building copper roof work) but the token seems to have some "substance" that is the green color. Any thoughts?

RI AL...