• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest coin arrivals (sorry lots of pictures)

8 posts in this topic

Hi all... I have received a couple of my recent purchases today and as usual i lay them bear for you all to comment and pass judgment on.. enjoy

Sellers pictures 1909 & 1909 VDB ( i have needed these for a wile for my dansco)

0f71_1.jpg

My scan (grade opinion please as i am at grading lincolns)

1909nV.jpg

1909nVd.jpg

1909.jpg

1909r.jpg

1867 shield nickel

sellers pictures

313d_1.jpg

Obverse:-

1867o.jpg

Obverse die cracks

1867o-1.jpg

Reverse:-

1867.jpg

Reverse die cracks

1867-1.jpg

Apart from the week strike to a few stars i think this is quite a high grade coin ?

the date shows some doubling but i would like to comment on which at the moment until the coin is conserved. what do you think ?

1867dd.jpg

BUT ! the most interesting (to me) think on this coin is some extra metal around the S in CENTS which i cannot pin down as any thing as its on both sides of it but its not longacre ?? any ideas

It is the areas within the red lines !!!

1867s.jpg

Cheers for looking & hope you enjoy :devil:

(thumbs u i would be happy with those grades

? how different is the Matte proof 1909 VDB from the business strikes ?

dooly :devil:

The vdb matte proof has very squared rims. Also there are die markers. There would be a diagonal die line going North to South east right in front of Abe's nose. There is also one by Liberty.

Looking at your pics, your vdb does have some nice squared rims, but no die lines. I have a 65RB vdb that also has the squared rims and no die lines.

im sure Im leaving something out, but I know someone else will pick up where Ill leave off.

BTW, they arent bad looking. The plain 09 has some nice wood-grain on the reverse.