• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did i miss a bargain ?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all i just got bid out on this lot of nickels on eBay. With 0 seconds to go by someone from the USA.. i was a bit dubious about it but as hardly anyone had looked at the lot and only one bid i did not bit to high.. the coin in question is the 1936 D to the right of the pink coin.. what do you think was this the miss of the year ?

0edd_12.jpg

10c2_121.jpg

missing leg Variety ?????????

10c2_12.jpg

dooly :devil:

I don't follow you. What's special about it? It doesn't seem that you missed out on much buying generic, circulated stuff.

Oh, btw...

KICKED OFF eBay so don't bother looking

What's the scoop? :ohm(shrug)

I don't think you missed anything. Circulated rolls of Buffalo nickels, even the ones for full dates sell for about half what it says on the Gray Sheet. I watched my tablemate at a recent FUN show blow the stuff off for those kinds of prices and he was as happy to be rid of it as a pig in do-do. :acclaim:

It's always possible, I suppose, but I'm not convinced in this case. You were thinking 3 1/2 leg?

Yep james it had the feel for me as all the others were showing more leg to me !!!