• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yes - Post Office Praise instead of RANT - Its RARE I know

15 posts in this topic

I have always praise my PO for thier Quick Delivery ( They are VERY expeditious on moving packages out of this little town ( Bellingham,MA) to the distribution facility (BOSTON/NASHUA ) 90% of my feedback is Quick delivery .. two days cross country 1st class :golfclap: incredible!

After 1000 packages this year - ONE FINALLY GOT LOST!

ONLY the second for me but this was incoming NOT outgoing.

Bought an item on Ebay - the seller was excellent on sending it quick.

I found out it was a Flat Rate Priority box - I paid with Paypal .. $6.00.. not bad pricing for Eaby.

The item did not arrive ... I queried the ladies at the desk two different times and days hoping they would keep thier eyes out for me ... and had got the " It hasn't arrived yet" each time ...confusing since I had tracking data that said it was scanned in BELLINGHAM,MA !! 3 days AFTER the seller mailed it.

I suggest this to EVERYONE if YOU have a problem SPEAK TO THE POSTMASTER not the tellers ...

I gave him the information I had .. Look at it once .. went in the back and saw WHO was delivering to MY house the DAY it got scanned and came back out with an answer.

Postmaster says :

"It was MY fault and I apologize ... (such and such ) told me he loaded a package into his truck and when he got to my house with 5-6 packages 'to me', he could not find the a package to scan AT MY HOUSE. He thought it was ON the truck and was not there when he went to deliver it ( Stolen out of truck?? ) - It is my routine to WAIT for a complaint from a customer BEFORE following up just in case the driver made a mistake and delivered it elsewhere which may eventually be return to us. It has been 2 weeks and this has not happened.

The package was definitely scanned in house so the fault is ours ... Please fill this out ... Get me a copy of the EBAY sales reciept and I will refund your money immediately. I went in today - No Questions asked and Cash in hand"

Keep in MIND this package WAS NOT INSURED!

I have ALWAYS praised my PO where one time a lost package was actually BROUGHT to my house by the Post Master Himself. ( Previous to this problem )

It was printed with a tracking number that was wrong from the seller.

I have NEVER HAD A LOST PACKAGE GOING OUT OF MY LITTLE HOLE IN THE WALL PO - :cloud9:

Bottom line - Appreciate what these people do ... I am sure you would not want thier job!

At least I do not ! :)

On a side note:

How many here would have gotten recourse through PAYPAL at 14 days of NON delivery on a priority package ???

The seller was real nervous I was going to reverse the payment as I kept him infomed of the process of tracking his package. ( At this point I knew there was no INS OR Signature confirmation on the package )

I KNOW I would have been refunded my payment through PAYPAL for non delivery ... but ....

Sometime it is worth some 'extra steps' to keep a CHECK ON OUR OWN HONESTY and not be so MOTIVATED by checking on someone elses!

ANti-RANT over :)

That truly is fantastic! I like the service at the USPS and have had very few problems - it helps to develop an ongoing relationship with the clerks.

Incidentally, I did recently lose a coin - the first one I've lost in about two years. Fortunately, it was relatively inexpensive, around $50.

Well, the only time a coin I ordered was "lost in the mail" the seller was never able to provide any proof that they had actually mailed it. Therefore, even though the package never arrived, I've long doubted that it had anything to do with the Post Office and I held the seller accountable for not buying the insurance they charged me for.

I've always liked the quality and speed of the service that I've received from the Post Office. They absolutely amazed me a couple of times when I mailed something out on a Saturday and it was delivered several states away on Monday or when something from Florida shipped in the early afternoon was delivered to my house just 2 days later using first class mail (I'm in Texas afterall).

That truly is fantastic! I like the service at the USPS and have had very few problems - it helps to develop an ongoing relationship with the clerks.

Incidentally, I did recently lose a coin - the first one I've lost in about two years. Fortunately, it was relatively inexpensive, around $50.

In this instance James I had to step OVER the clerks to get the RIGHT answer that only the POSTMASTER knew about.

This lost package was only $65 dollars .. I really wanted the Wheaties though :(

Well, the only time a coin I ordered was "lost in the mail" the seller was never able to provide any proof that they had actually mailed it. Therefore, even though the package never arrived, I've long doubted that it had anything to do with the Post Office and I held the seller accountable for not buying the insurance they charged me for.

That is verifiable via tracking numbers though. You should have been able to VERIFY his integrity by his quick response with tracking OR insurance numbers.

I would have been up his keester also if he did not supply the information you asked for WHEN paid for.

In this instance James I had to step OVER the clerks to get the RIGHT answer that only the POSTMASTER knew about.

This lost package was only $65 dollars .. I really wanted the Wheaties though :(

You know, Wheaties is only $4 at Walmart, you really don't need to order an expensive box of it on Ebay like that.

You know, Wheaties is only $4 at Walmart, you really don't need to order an expensive box of it on Ebay like that.

Very funny :makepoint:

That is verifiable via tracking numbers though. You should have been able to VERIFY his integrity by his quick response with tracking OR insurance numbers.

I would have been up his keester also if he did not supply the information you asked for WHEN paid for.

That's just it. I asked for both repeatedly and pointed out that for $8 in shipping charges for 1 slabbed coin he should have been able to by delivery confirmation and insurance. They never acknowledged the question.

That's just it. I asked for both repeatedly and pointed out that for $8 in shipping charges for 1 slabbed coin he should have been able to by delivery confirmation and insurance. They never acknowledged the question.

Probably NOT paypal ? ... This would be an Instance where I would have no "heart" taking my money back

Probably NOT paypal ? ... This would be an Instance where I would have no "heart" taking my money back

Oh it was with PayPal and I DID get my money back.

Oh it was with PayPal and I DID get my money back.

Excellent ... I was hoping you were not a PANSY :foryou:

Mike! How often do you send a coin for one person to another. Just throwing a little jab at you. John

hmm I do not understand the question ...

Great to hear Mike we here in Clintonville Wi have a small post office also. I believe it helps when they can place a face to the names on the packages. Small town perk