• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWPS: A first for me--Early Gold!

42 posts in this topic

now i really love this perfect

gem circulated totally original piece of early usa gold

i will write an ode to this sexy 1811 half eagle......................

oh my tender half eagle so beautiful and yet so rare. how i wonder did you stay so choice while circulating far and wide?? did you come across some careful lovers who tenderly handled you and caressed you lovingly and gentleely while transacting their business all the while appreciating you for your sublime beauty and large transaction powers??

or possibly my beautiful original golden sweet were you a pocket piece a rememberance of some fortoutious meeting between two lovers in 1811 and the man kept this dated gold coin as a reminder of this long ago meeting?? carrying it with him until he finally passed from this world into the next??

oh my if this extremely eye appealling half eagle could only talk what tales she would weave..............................................

of the handling of her and all the history and romance associated with this piece of golden circulated eye appealling perfection..........................

sweet tender lady five!!!

i beseech you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reveal all to me

The 1811 is a beauty. I'm afraid that in this lifetime, my earliest gold coin will be my 1834 $2.50...and it's no prize winner. Nice coin there!!!

RI AL

Charlie, thank goodness that our wife/girlfriend looks nothing like us! Whew! I'm soooo glad that charm is the great compensator for goodlooks! Otherwise, we'd be SOL. :þ

Thanks for the compliment, Al. I have looked for a nice, circulated, original Classic Head quarter eagle for 3 years now and have never found one. It is a great coin and is much scarcer than its half eagle sister.

Those are 2 sweet looking ladies there Victor.... :cloud9:

MM :hi:

:cloud9:[font:Fixedsys]Xie xie ~ thanks[/font] (thumbs u

A marriage update: ....It is great and life is good!! Zero complaints! Caleb loves yunyun, too. Caleb insisted that the new puppy go. It's gone so life is back to normal....thank goodness!

Man I am so jealous! Congrats Victor!

Jeff, you can be jealous once I pay off the $4850 on my credit card. doh!

Congratulations Victor! Welcome to the early gold collectors club. I'll warn you that it is a very expensive addiction.

The only blue note is that I'm amazed at the rate that prices have gone up on these coins. In December of 2003 I bought this piece for about the same money as you paid. It is a PCGS AU-55. I found it at a Baltimore show, and purchased it from a dealer who on the expensive side when it comes to pricing. A lot of dealers had looked it, but none of them had been willing to pay the price. Since I was not looking to buy it for resale, I wrote the check after a few minutes of hesitation.

The rule of thumb used to be that you had to pay the price for the Gray Sheet next grade up for a really nice properly graded early coin. Therefore this one was priced at MS-60 bid. Now if you are lucky you pay the the price for the next grade up in Coin Prices magazine. :sick:

18115O.jpg18115R.jpg